ALL PURPOSE EPOXY
ALL PURPOSE EPOXY
PIONEER ALL PURPOSE EPOXY is a two-component, 100% solids content, multipurpose standard epoxy that forms strong and durable bonds on a variety of materials like metal, ceramics, glass, rubber and rigid plastics.
- Heat & Chemical-Proof
- Water Resistant
- 100 % Solids Content
- For repairs and bonding of glass, marble, concrete, steel, enamel, and hard plastics. Bonds parts and accessories for DIY projects and general home repairs.
- For mending of broken china and pottery bonding porcelain or metal designs to wood, marble and concrete. Ideal for artificial jewelry setting and fabric decoration.
A. Surface Preparation
Surface contaminants such as dirt, grease, oil or wax must be removed from areas to be joined. Clean surfaces by sanding, sandblasting or brushing for stronger bonds. Surfaces should be clean and ready for application before the adhesive is mixed.
Scoop out or extrude equal components of A and B into a mixing dish (by volume). If getting from a plastic tub, better to use separate spatula or spoon to avoid contamination. If only one spatula or spoon is to be used, thoroughly wipe it prior to dipping into the other component.
Mix the two components thoroughly by blending until color streaks disappear and a uniform color is achieved. To avoid wastage, prepare a quantity just enough to be consumed within 50 minutes.
- Apply mixed epoxy with a putty knife or spatula on one or both faces of glue joints after mixing.
- Join surfaces with sufficient pressure or clamp to ensure complete contact.
- Allow to set. Epoxy will set within 2 hours. Working strength in 24 hours.
- While still uncured, scrape off excesses from edges or joints or immediately spread out the mixture on surfaces to be settled, filled or patched.
Clean all tools or equipment used while adhesive is still in its uncured state.